I made his cake yesterday and it was delicious! It was the first time I had used barley flour in cooking and coconut butter, and I thought both were great in a dessert like this.
Its a relatively healthy dessert if you feel like having something sweet and something chocolatey.
I would highly recommend serving it with fresh raspberries or some kind of raspberry syrup.
The recipe was taken from vegie head.
1 and 1/2 Cups Rice Flour
1 and 1/2 Cups barley flour
1/2 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
1 and 1/2 Cups Raw Coconut Sugar
3/4 Cup Melted Coconut Butter
1 Cup Coconut Milk
1 Cup Purified Water
2 Vanilla Bean Pods
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC ( I would try cooking it at 180C)
2. Line a non-stick springform cake tray
with coconut oil
3. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and
sugar into a large mixing bowl
4. In a small bowl, mix the melted
coconut butter, coconut milk, water,
apple cider and vanilla together
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry
and mix with a spoon just until
6. Pour the batter into the pan and bake
for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer
comes out clean
7. If you would like to ‘ice’ the cake,
melt 1/2 cup dairy free choc chips and
1/2 cup almond oil in a small pan and
drizzle on top when the cake is